Setting up meetings between multiple parties can be made easier when you use the Scheduling Assistant feature within the Outlook Calendar. When you select your meeting attendees and any any room requirements (if available(, the Scheduling Assistant displays suggested times based on availability on the date and time you selected.
This reduces the amount of time going back and forth with team members trying to nail down a meeting time.
Please Note: This is only available to staff within the same Microsoft 365 Organisation or who have made their free/busy time visible. Some members of staff may have their diary restricted to prevent viewing of "free/busy" time or they may not use the calendar feature at all and rely on other diary management. When in doubt, contact the attendee.
- Within the Calendar feature of Microsoft Outlook create a New Meeting Request.
- Enter the attendees in the To field and any conference room requirements (if setup) that you require in the Resources field.
- Enter the Start and End times of the meeting.
- Click the Scheduling Assistant tab to display suggested times where all parties are available.
- Select a suggested time or make adjustments to your time and date to find a times that works for everyone.
- Click Send to send the meeting invitation.