OFFICE 365 - MODIFY MEMBERS OF A DISTRIBUTION LIST (OWA)
As an owner of a distribution list, you can modify membership using a web browser. These instructions apply to distribution lists in the global address book, to lists that have their own @uwplatt.edu email address; not contact groups in your own address book. In the Office 365 web application, the tools to modify distribution group membership are found within the Outlook mail app settings. This document walks you through navigating to the Distribution Groups area, viewing distribution group membership, and adding and removing members. Please note: If a distribution list has been hidden from the global address book, you will not be able to view membership of the list.
TO VIEW MEMBERS OF A LIST
1. Sign into Office 365 using a web browser.
3. On the Outlook ribbon, click on the Settings wheel button. From the drop-down list, click on View all Outlook settings.
5. From the General list, select Distribution Groups.
TO ADD MEMBERS TO A DISTRIBUTION LIST THAT YOU OWN1. After following the instructions above to view group membership, click on the '+' (plus) button. A new window will open with the Office 365 People directory.
3. From the Search results, click on the '+' (plus) button that corresponds to the person you want to add to the distribution list. The person will be displayed in the Members row. Repeat until all new members have been selected.
TO REMOVE MEMBERS FROM A DISTRIBUTION LIST THAT YOU OWN1. After following the instructions above to view group membership, click on the group member you want to remove from the list.
2. Click the - (minus) button.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for all people you want to remove from the distribution list.
4. Verify that the Members list is updated. If no further changes are necessary, click Save.
5. Click the close button in the upper right corner of the Settings page to return to your Office 365 mail.